Whereas I by no means want an excuse to make a tasty deal with for my pups, do you know Could 2 is Nationwide Truffles Day? Whereas conventional human truffles are sometimes decked in chocolate and utterly unsafe for canines, it doesn’t imply truffle treats are off the desk. This protected truffles recipe for canines is simple to make, full of wholesome components and can make your canine really feel just like the king he’s, whereas consuming them on the fluffiest of canine beds.
✔ ½ cup pumpkin puree (unsweetened); you too can use candy potato
✔ ¼ cup pureed banana
✔ 2 teaspoons coconut oil (melted)
✔ A sprinkle of cinnamon or some other dog-friendly spice
✔ ¾ to 1 cup coconut flour
✔ Dried unsweetened coconut for rolling
- To begin making truffles for canines, mix pumpkin, banana and coconut oil in a bowl and blend till mixed.
- Add cinnamon and coconut flour to your combination. Begin with ½ cup of coconut flour and blend till combination is mixed and never too sticky. Add extra flour if wanted with the intention to roll the combination.
- Take the dried coconut and put it right into a blender or meals processor till the items are very wonderful.
- Scoop a small spoonful of dough and roll into balls appropriately sized on your canine.
- Roll in dried coconut and place on parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes till agency. Retailer in fridge or freezer.
Sam is a canine lover, author, baker, crafter and Instagrammer. When she’s not writing, she’s adorning cookies for her weblog SugaredAndIced.com or Instagramming her canines @FrenchHuggs_ and @Quinnstadoodle.